Unilaser offers a laser cutting service for flat cuts or stamped parts. For flat cuts is used CNC Cartesian -system with a working area of 1200x1000mm.
For 3D cutting of stamped parts we use high-precision robots“absolute accuracy”, with a powerful programming tool that allows us to adapt to almost any lot size.
The flat cut has a precision below 5 hundredths of a millimetre, without projections on either side of the pieces, suitable to be processed in plastic injection molds with a ratio of non-conforming parts close to 0.3% of the production. Drill holes with a diameter of 1.3 mm. Absence of geometric deformities in the input and output of the laser.
Our cutting thickness range is between 0.1mm to 4mm. Since we use a solid laser, we can work with different materials like steel, aluminum alloys and finish (like anodized) and brass, among other alloys.
- Manufacture of control panels
- Manufacture of gauges and templates for the aeronautical assembly with material thicknesses between 0.1mm and 5mm.
- Generic production of technical pieces
It is possible to make also a large cuts to obtain panels, like the one shown in the following image. No scratches and scuffing on the front side of the piece.
Unilaser has a technical department which provides various solutions to customer requirements. Through the capability to carry out different processes it is possible to get complex products obtained by cutting, welding, bending, machining, engraving or texturing, heat treatments, etc …
Laser cutting 3D
The robotic cell offers the possibility of positioning of the cutting head to carry out any work in 3D. This head is manufactured according to the latest technology on the market. Thanks to its capacitive sensor the head adapts to any geometry, which together with the flexibility offered by the robot, it is possible to produce the most complex geometries.
View the demonstration video on our Youtube channel:
Laser cutting 2D
Robotic cell offers the possibility of positioning of the cutting head to carry out any work in 2D. We obtain high accuracy due to the used laser technology (solid state laser) which allows us to obtain a very small laser spot and a CNC high precision.
Unilaser performs laser welding technology controlled by last generation robots “Absolute Acurassy” that ensures process repeatability and high accuracy on the course.
QUALIFIED PROCESS (WPQS) according to standard EN15614-11
Advantages of laser welding
-High welding speeds are obtained
-Distortion and deformation of material is considerably reduced
-Elimination / reduction of costs of post-welding processes, it does not require grinding
-Notable decrease of pores in the cord
-Repeatability of the welding parameters and process conditions
-High degree of control
-The Laser beam allows great flexibility through its fiber optic output
-No tool wear
-In most cases, no filler material is used
-High quality welding with very thin resulting cords
Unilaser maintains a constant relationship with the best laboratories. We check and verify there our welding.
We are constantly monitoring the quality of the solder joint.
One of the major features of our laser welding is the high penetration of the the solder joint, reaching 4mm just from one side.
Welding is completely monitored, so that the repeatability of the operation is ensured
The types of solder joint:
BUTT SEAM, FILLED WELD, OR TRANSPARENCY WELDING AS CAN BE SEEN IN THE DRAWING:
Real example of laser welding in regime of transparency:
Laser welding types:
METHODS / FEATURES WELDING BY THERMAL CONDUCTION WELDING PENETRATION USE OF BOOST IN POWER SPEEDPERFORMANCE THERMAL DISTORTION
35% REDUCED 2M/MIN. IMPORTANT MIN. 2 – 3MM AND SMOOTH 95% IMPORTANT 2.5M/MIN. REDUCED SCALED
You can see the following videos in our channel on youtube:
Ideal for identification of pieces, tools and wiring. It is permanent and of high quality. You can get different colours depending on from which metal the piece is made
We cut and engrave labels of all shapes and finishes, with thickness from 0.5 mm and from different materials, anodized aluminum (black, blue), stainless steel (matte, grinding, satin)
(Finished product) (Design CAD / CAM)
Design CAD / CAM
Laser engraving is of high quality, permanent, unalterable and precise.
It can be engraved in various materials with an engraving quality, readability and durability
Our laser equipment engrave fixed texts or variables, serial numbers, bar codes, matrix codes, logos … on flat, curved and even irregular surfaces, without contact with the piece and free of mechanical deformation
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH UNILASER:
- Thanks to Unilaser you can benefit from the most advanced technology without making any investments. We work with all materials (plastic, metal)
- Engraving of logo , serial numbers, non-repetitive texts
- Barcodes, matrix codes
- Great readability
- Total indelibility
- Labeling in inaccessible areas
- Automatic signaling
- Logos and text
- Prints on any surface without contact with the piece, without mechanical deformation
- Permanent high quality brands
- Permanent, unalterable and precise system
Laser engraving has application in the following industries:
– The automotive industry uses laser to engrave the vehicle identification number (VIN),to decorate the board panel and instrument panels known as well as day & night panels. The technique is fast, economical and indelible
– Medical or surgical products marked by laser : implants such as pacemakers, bearings, enders, artificial joints, stems, femoral heads, instrumental, etc. (The marks made by lasers remain unpolluted contrary to some inks and chemicals). For diagnostic instruments is the laser a precise tool for debugging, graduations and significant brands. For instruments and surgical items is the laser also economical and permanent,without deep marks or burrs on the implemented steels.
– Electronic products like : particularly encapsulated epoxy, hybrid circuits, wafers and injection moulds
– Keypads / connectors / packages, have a long history in laser marking (the wafers can be marked after the photo lithography without risk of contamination/pollution of the surface)
– Tools and hardened materials are marked better with laser as with conventional techniques. The engraving is more effective, uniform and free of contamination
– Advertising industry discovered laser engravings with decorative motifs, as it offers great flexibility to make small quantities for economic prices
– Any Product that requires a numerical sequence, from the identification labels (ear tags) to cd’s or dvd’s are marked by laser. Automated systems allow numbering, increasing and decreasing numbers, codes and barcodes
Materials marked by laser
Most metals, plastics and ceramics can be engraved by laser, any heat treatment of surface is needed: glass, epoxies, composites, wood, paper, rubber and plastics, including inert materials
- Steels: low carbon, alloy, hardened, stainless
- Aluminium: pure anodized Al-6061.
- Brasses and bronzes
- Wood: hard, soft, MDF, Teflon, nylon, PEFR, acrylic, laminates epoxies, photo resistors, cardboard, paper, rubber, glass, ceramic, porcelain, slate, marble, optical, mylar, adhesives, carbides, nitrides, silicones, tungstens.
Typical applications for laser marking
The most common applications are formechanical precision components; optical components, cuts thin slices; medical tools, implants, decorative plates, cut safety helmets for motorcycles; tuition; identifiers, electronics; knife blades, utensils, knives; integrated circuits; connectors, marked keyboards in inaccessible areas. As well as advertising claims, pens, key rings and decorative elements
Areas of application of laser cladding: PETROCHEMICAL, GLASS INDUTRY, MINING INDUSTRY, AEROSPACE.
RECHARGE LASER OR LASER CLADDING: With this technique is possible to repair surfaces or generate new one with enhanced properties where the union with the base component is produced by fusion.
Laser cladding offers great advantages such as: low dilution between track and substrate, low deformation of the substrate and small heat affected zone, excellent characteristics of hardness and the built part is free of crack and porosity.
LASER CLADDING: Filler materials
COMPOSITE MATERIALS PROCUREMENT SIZE APPLICATION AISI 316L Authentic stainless steel Atomized Gas 45-105 Corrosion resistance in marine environments
Resistance to pitting and cavitation
Creep rupture strength on elevated temperatures
INCONEL 718 Nickel based alloy Atomized Gas 45-90 Recommended for high temperature
Resists creep and stress rupture at elevated temperatures
Stellite Cobalt based alloy Atomized Gas 45-105 Excellent wear resistance and corrosion resistance over a wide range of temperature WC Tungsten carbide Atomized Gas 45-105 Wear and erosion resistance, high-temperature hardness.
In comparison to the different cladding or jointing techniques the material treated by laser shows improved properties to the wear resistance, surface hardness and smoothness, as can be also seen at the table inserted below, published in scientific research work.